When Police Isn't Cooprating: Legal Remedies in Pakistan

What to do when police won't cooperate: alternative remedies in Pakistani law" - Explore legal options for filing a crime report in Pakistan when poli

Police are an important part of society and are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the people and their properties. However, in cases where the police do not cooperate with the registration of a crime report, it can be difficult for individuals to seek justice. Fortunately, the law provides alternative remedies for such grievances.

One option is to approach the justice of peace. In Pakistani jurisdictions, the district and sessions judge serves as the justice of peace and has the power, under the Criminal Procedure Code, to order the police to cooperate. This is a widely adopted method in Pakistan, and legal practitioners often use it to help their clients achieve justice.

Another option is to file a private complaint before a judicial magistrate. The effect of a private complaint before a judicial magistrate is similar to an FIR, and the judicial magistrate may order an investigation or inquiry into the matter. The judicial magistrate can then proceed with the private complaint until the judgment is reached.

This second option is also a commonly used method in Pakistan. In many cases, police may become biased due to personal interests or to protect certain individuals and refuse to cooperate in the registration of an FIR. The law provides this remedy so that those seeking justice can still receive it even if the police are not willing to help.

It is important to note that seeking justice through these alternative remedies can be a complex process. It requires a solid understanding of the legal system and procedures, making it advisable to seek the help of a legal practitioner. This can ensure that the rights of the individual are protected and that they receive a fair and just outcome.

In conclusion, when the police are not cooperating in the registration of a crime report, individuals in Pakistan have the option to approach the justice of peace or to file a private complaint before a judicial magistrate. Both of these alternatives can provide a way to achieve justice, but it is important to seek the help of a legal practitioner to ensure that the process is done correctly.